As I am waiting for the "crack" balls (cake balls that are as addicting as crack) to settle for the pool party I am on my way to, I thought I would share some smile times from the last two days!
Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans to work that actually fit, and they looked pretty good. I wasn't embarrassed to wear a short shirt with them. I even went to happy hour with my friends and had a great time! We went to a really neat sports bar on Washington that has a roof patio overlooking downtown. The frozen mohito's were delicious and the company was great. I actually socialized instead of just sitting there in my "shell", even staying 2 hours later than planned. I actually could have stayed all night there, we had that much fun! (smile time)
Then today I woke up and passed a mirror and took a glance. Now lately when I have been waking up I refuse to look in the mirror. My face is usually puffy like a marshmellow and my skin looks like I am fifty years old, my eyes are sunken in and I've had these dark racoon eyes from not feeling good so I just avoid the whole thing. Well today it was different...... As I walked passed the mirror and took a glance I stopped and smiled. I actually looked healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at 9:00 in the morning to boot) I had color in my face, it wasn't marshmellow puffy and the dark circles were gone. I then stepped on the scale and didn't even care those ounces are still teetering.
I baked for the first time since the surgery and that went well also, didn't even really want to taste the cake balls. I would rather save the space for the ribs and dips at the party, I know they will be good as always. My final smile time was deciding which bathing suit to wear to the party, I actually have a choice. Do I wear this years that is probably big by now or the one I bought for the cruise before I got sick? Well, after trying on the old one I decided what the heck, why not. I think it fits and I can actually wear the wrap with it!
Well gonna run, I am excited about spending more time with my friends! Have a safe Labor day weekend.
j
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.