Sunday, November 15, 2009

Found my biggest weakness.....


Chic-Fil-A chicken nuggets and spinach dip!!!!!  Last night I had to miss my quarterly supper club gathering  with my work family entitled "Mexican Food Frenzy" to be with my good friends who were getting together for was suppose to be the night of E's christening.  Not that I was fearing the food at the Mexican Food Frenzy (actually a fellow bandster was hosting this one!) but I mentally thought it would be easier foodwise being at my friends house, knowing Chic-fil-a was being served and I have restrained all this time from it.  When we got there I walked right past it, not a nugget touched these lips.  After a few hours there I realized it was dinnertime and we weren't leaving anytime soon so I went ahead and indulged on four nuggets and a tablespoon of spinach dip with wheat thins -- no big deal.  I wasn't worried!!!!!  Then the alcohol came out ---- what is it about alcohol and food??? Why do they go hand in hand???  Life was good, sitting around the fire outside drinking my mini bottles of wine (yes, I was trying to portion control here and got mini bottles -- too bad I drank all four!) while the evil nuggets were inside.  But as the gathering got smaller we made our way inside and I made the mistake of following CB to the kitchen.  Just one more nugget, it's been what maybe 2 hours since "dinner", what's one nugget going to do.  But no, he needed a friend and another cracker of spinach dip.  Wow, have I missed spinach dip.  I asked CB who in there right mind made this outstanding spinanch dip, it was like none I ever tried.  She kept saying it was just normal dip, WRONG -- I think someone laced it with crack (our running joke when we cant stop eating one thing) b/c it was addicting!  We both just kept eating it.  Well turns out she had made the "crack dip" that indeed was just plain spinach dip, but it was good.  Now here's the NSV -- there was a tray of Chic-Fil-A brownies on the counter as well as some homemade gooey brownies that CB described had chucks of chocolate in them.  Not one passed through my lips!!!!  I denied them, I had no desire for them.......  their friend the nuggets were evil enough.  And this moring when I got on the scale, only up .4oz.......  hmmm not too bad considering I thought the evil nuggets won the battle last night.  Until we meet again........

1 comment:

  1. See, the crack dip and nuggets were not the end of the world! Worth .4 I bet. I don't know how I would survive around all that stuff!

    Remember, its what you do 95% of the time that determines your success. You do not need to be perfect! Good job avoiding the brownies!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.