Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I did it!!!!!!!

I successfully walked 5 miles on Sunday with Team Ella for the March of Dimes walk in Houston and it didn't wear me out!!!!!  Ella Kathleen is the daughter of two very special friends of mine.  She was born about two months early (the same week I got my band) and weighed in a little over 3 lbs.  She unexpectedly became an angel in heaven at the age of 3 months.  A group of us got together and rallied around her parents, deciding we were going to do the MOD walk in her honor.  It was emotional in the beginning, knowing why were were there, but it was sooo much fun.  We didn't rush, we just strolled the five mile walk (there were a few little one's with us).  The last two times I did this particular walk I was pregnant with each of my girls and it was hell so needless to say, I was really dreading waking up Sunday morning but I did it and I plan on doing it year after year as long as Team Ella is around. (and just for the record I wasn't even sore on Monday).  It was nice having my youngest daughter (16) walking with our group as the two of us were also walking for her soccer coach's twins, Karsyn and Kaden, who were born at 24 weeks gestation and are currently in the NICU getting bigger so they can come home. Shout out to Team Brewer! 

Team Ella (we rocked!)



I had a really stressful weekend, putting our house on the market, then the walk and the scale really showed it.  I haven't seen a number that low in YEARS.  I knew it was probably dehydration so I didn't do that much of a happy dance.  Now that it's been a few days I have leveled out back at that .8 oz number.  Oh well, it could be worse.  I think I might go walk another 5 miles and see what happens............

As far as the Hashi's goes, it's still there!  It rears it's ugly head every once in a while but nothing like it was in the past!!!!!  I am managing alot of the symptoms with the weight loss and medication and also knowing my limits.  I cannot drink like I used to as I don't recover as easy (as I told my boss when I requested Friday off since I am going to House of Blues Thurs night and I know it may be a late night)!!!  I cannot over exert myself and sometimes I just gotta slow it down and rest a bit. There are still days when I don't want to get out of bed, but I do and I just keep trucking along.  I am really dreading the summer though.  Two Saturdays ago when I was working the Farmer's Market it got up to about 80 for an hour and I thought I was gonna pass out, after we were done I just had to go home and sleep then I was all good again.  Gone are the days where I think it might be the last and I am very thankful for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.