Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nooooo....

It came, I saw it then it went away!!!  I cleared the scale and checked it twice -- 8oz away from that personal goal then what happened --- the next day I wake up and gained three pounds!!! What---how in the world did this happen????  I was really busy that day so I didn't eat much.  I ordered my Starbux non-fat....... what did I do????????  Well I think I finally may have figured it out.  I ran out of medicine and I guess my body gets a little bitchy when I don't medicate it.  I started taking it again today (see, I told you have have been too busy) and already kicked away one of those pesky pounds :)   Hopefully tomorrow morning will do alot better.

I was reading Gen's blog and it reminded me a little more about what the doctor said in support --- don't over excercise.  Hmmm I thought we were suppose to.  He said you will begin gaining weight if you excercise too much.  Just walk or ride a bike or do mild cardio, which reminds me I still have to get back into a relationship with my Wii Active.  Also, he is trying to cut a womens calorie count down to 800 - 1000.  He looked at me and said I shouldnt eat more than 800 calories a day -- that is a cup of coffee for me, what is he smoking??????   C'mon be a little serious here.  And finally, we don't have to over protein anymore.  We asked him to rewrite the instruction manual for us because it was against everything we've ever followed.    He did have one good piece of advice which cracked everyone up --- first thing in the morning when you wake up get naked and pee, step on the scale and look at your weight.  That is the lowest weight you will be for the day and take it from there.  I especially laughed super hard because that is exactly what I do every morning...................... and on that note -- goodnight blogger friends :)

ps:  I am doing the 5 mile walk for babies on Sunday.  I am really excited because this is the first real physical challenge I have done since all this started in 2007ish.  I hope I make it!!!

In Loving Memory of Ella Kathleen, we miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Ella Kathleen is a beautiful baby, what happened?
    Hey, how are your thyroid symptoms doing? I'm curious. I'm so anxious to see if I can really get this weight off with the band. I hope I have success like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, 800 calories? WTF? Is he serious?

    Exercise - I think over-exercising does lead to weight gain. On the other hand, I have been reading over and over about "interval-style" training - getting your heart rate up high then back down again. Supposedly that is the best for burning calories. Who knows, the advice changes every 5 minutes. But no denying exercise, in some form, is essential.

    Sorry about the scale, that happens to me ALL the time! Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.