Monday, October 12, 2009

This is Halloween........

This weekend has been lots of fun!  Even though my lower body feels like I have been working out for hours I didn't let that stop me.  The weather here has been perfect this weekend so I did alot of outdoor activities, my favorite being helping my youngest daughter decorate for Halloween.  I haven't really felt much like decorating these last two years and I guess it has shown.  Last year KT got so frustrated and decided she was taking over the decorating duties this year.  She decided our front yard had to become a huge cemetary so after Halloween last year she got bunches of new stuff on clearance, including a 12ft tall crypt keeper!  We got all the decorations down on Friday and started going through them, eager to get started.  Unfortunately some things came up Saturday for her but she was here bright and early Sunday so we decided to get started, at 9:00am!!!! Whoa, that's early.  We spent nearly all day doing the yard, running to the store and having alot of fun.  We hardly took a break.  Here are some pictures of her creation:





I loved Halloween when I was a kid so this was so exciting for me!  Even though alot of our neighbors do not celebrate Halloween, I hope they are enjoying her creativity!!!

Now for the food stories!  I decided this weekend I have become a food diva.  Even though I can only eat 4-6oz a meal, I prefer a really good meals. I have been looking so forward to trying the "Ramen Revolution" from Pei Wei and decided Saturday to go.  I knew I could not eat the ramen noodles that came with it, but the meat sure sounded good, and I could taste a few of the noodles.  Besides it was free so how could I go wrong???  I thought my only choice was beef and was shocked when the girl offered shimp or chicken so I went for the shrimp, seemed like the better choice.  When I got the meal there were about 8 shrimp on it and there was really no taste, no spicy tang that they promised.  What a disappointment, but wait - it made me happy I was not tempted to eat the spagetti they were trying to pass off as ramen noodles.  I still ate the 8 shrimp though, they were ok.  Can't remember dinner that night so I guess it was nothing impressive.  So now Sunday -- while doing the decorating, KT decided she wanted to go to Burger King.  Since I was starving I agreed.  I loved Burger King burgers before surgery so why not have one without a bun???? Ewwwww, it was not as good as I remembered!  I was thankful when I could only eat 3/4 of the patty before I was full.  Boy was I looking forward to dinner -- turkey mignon with dried cherry sauce and squash casserole (recipe from black eye pea,  modified).  Mmmmmmmmmm yum, much better.  It's crazy how someone who didn't make anything more than mac & cheese or hot dogs is now making dried cherry sauce........  and the best part??? I am happy eating just enough to fill me up.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.