Wow, what a jump!!!! I am shocked myself. This journey has been an amazing experience for me, it has changed my whole outlook on alot of things. Yesterday was opening weekend of this crazy thing I call "The Holiday Seasons shortbread selling campaign." My mom decided a few years back to sell her amazing shortbread and last year we tried doing some craftshows with pretty good success. Our first one was yesterday and though I haven't talked to her since I left, I think it went pretty good. We almost sold out of a few of the flavors, I was getting a little nervous there for a bit. I noticed myself being a little more open than last year with the customers, more sure of myself. When they came up to the table, I jumped up and gave the sales pitch -- it was pretty fun. The last thing in my life I would call myself is a salesperson, I really hate selling stuff. I talked and mingled thoughout the show and really enjoyed my day. I also noticed my choice in items at the show changed. I was really looking forward to going to the little food person that sells all those great dip mixes, I make them for parties and my friends really love them. This year I walked over to that booth and decided I had no interest in buying anything there. I was more interested in the clothing! I picked out this really cute t-shirt that I eyed most of the morning. When I went after lunch to purchase it the lady selling it told me I could go try it on, it was one of those stretchy form fitting t-shirts and I wasn't quite sure how it would do. I went into the bathroom and every woman in there complimented me on how nice the shirt looked but I just couldn't do it, I am just not comfortable with the form fitted look yet. But I was really excited inside because, I could fit in it. I could actually go to a crafts show and buy a piece of clothing!!!!!!!!!
I was invited out to several different places last night. I was really disappointed to find out I have no really cute night-wear left everything thing I had was sizes too big! I had nothing my size that was trendy and fun to wear to the places I wanted to go so I pulled out an old stand-by shirt and went to my friends birthday party at a club by the lake. She kept telling me how amazing I looked and how proud she was of me. I love this girl!!!!! Happy Birthday Kat. Between the loss of confidence in my wardrobe and the rain that flattened my hair leaving her party I just decided to come home after that. I am on a mission to go shopping today so I never have to feel that way again but this rain just won't let up! I got a gift card to Charming Charlies for my birthday so I've decided that if I can buy something at a craft show, then why not try to buy one of those cute outfits they have there..............
Oh yeah, and I have made a new short term goal ---- 31. I can't wait until I can post that picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.